This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 22nd May 2022
The sixth Sunday of Easter
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
Alleluia Christ is Risen – He is Risen indeed alleluia
- Juan Bocardo R.I.P: Juan’s funeral will be on Friday 10th June at 11.30am at Basildon Crematorium.
- Link to Join our Streamed Services : https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8698905779?pwd=c0E3dVV6SnRvT1BoYjJDa0t5Qk9LZz09
- Use of the Chalice: I must emphasis this is personal choice and optional and you need to calculate the risks for yourself.
- Christian Aid Week : There will be a retiring collection this morning (22nd) for the work of Christian Aid.
- Foodbank: Due to increased demand Foodbank has run out of the following items: Jam, pasta sauces, tinned meats, rice, sponge puddings and many other basic food items. If you are able to contribute it will help many who are struggling to cope at this time.
- Said Evensong: Friday 3rd June, 3pm in St Mary’s to celebrate Her Majesty the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee.
- Platinum Jubilee Weekend: St Michael’s Church tower will be open on the Saturday of the Jubilee weekend 4th June from 10 – 4pm. Booking is essential and is now open. To make a booking please contact Christine either at Church or via email on email@example.com
There is a charge of £2 per person payable on the day.
Please note there are over 100 steep steps and anyone visiting should wear suitable footwear. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult.
- Everything Must Go Sale: Saturday 4th June 10am – 4pm in Gardner Hall. There will be refreshments available in the hall (rolls and cakes) and also in St Michael’s church (tea and cakes) during the day. If you are able to donate any cakes they would be greatly appreciated.
- Mothers’ Union Deanery Service: Wednesday 8th June, 2pm in St Mary’s. All welcome.