This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 7th June 2020
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
If anyone of you needs assistance during this period, we are here for you – please do not hesitate to contact either Rev Wendy, Fr John or myself.
- St Mary’s Roof: Work has now restarted on the church roof. Due to social distancing nobody must enter the church whilst the work is going on.
- New Diocesan Bishop: We have been asked to pray for the appointment of a new Diocesan Bishop:God of provision and care, discernment and knowledge: lead us in your love, empower us by your Spirit, and equip us with your gifts; give us hearts full of love for all people, minds open to the signs of the times, and wisdom to know how to respond to the voice of your calling; We ask this through him whose coming is certain,whose day draws near, your Son, Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen.
- Morning and Evening Prayer: At the very begin we sent out a format for Morning and Evening Prayer and each week a Lectionary with the appointed readings. I was wondering how many people are using these?
- Tomato Plants: Peter Handscombe has tomato plants for sale, there are 7 types to choose from, at 60p each. Please contact Peter for more details.
- Fund Raising for Essex & Herts Air Ambulance: Printed and plain fabric face masks, all at £2 each, with every penny going towards this cause. Do help. Beautifully made by Margaret Eve, Sarah Sell and Sylvia Wain. Contact Margaret Eve/Jenny Tweddle. Thank you.
- Old Sheets Wanted: Margaret Eve is looking for old sheets to make aprons and face masks for a local care home. They need to be 100% cotton and must be freshly laundered. If you have any sheets you no longer want let Fr David know and he will collect them or they can be left at the Rectory.
- Giving during these unprecedented circumstances: The current circumstances affecting the whole nation and the world will have economic consequences for big and large organisations, from huge corporate companies to relatively small organisations such as ourselves. Our regular financial commitment will remain and we will continue to need your support. I would ask that those who normally give cash when they attend church on a Sunday consider how they can continue to support our parishes financially. For some you may consider changing to a Standing Order. For those who do Internet Banking this may be an option. Our details are:
Corringham PCC Barclays Bank Sort Code 20-34-69 Account No. 90666904
PCC of Fobbing Barclays Bank Sort Code 20-34-69 Account No. 70667005 If you do make an online payment, please email David or Bev so that theyhave a record. As a charity we cannot do Internet Banking, so they would have to wait for a statement to see if funds have been received.
Bev – email@example.com David – firstname.lastname@example.org
If this is not an option, would you be willing to still make your regular contribution by making a cheque payable to either Corringham PCC or PCC of Fobbing and posting to Fr David (The Rectory, Church Road, Corringham, Essex SS17 9AP). In assurance of my continued prayers at this time. Fr D