This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 25th August 2019
The Tenth Sunday After Trinity
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
- Gladys Fifield R.I.P: Gladys’ funeral has been moved to Monday 9th September, 1.15pm at St Michael’s.
- Congratulations: To David and Karine Howes on the birth of their son Ralph Arthur.
- A13 Road Closures: The A13 will be closed from 9pm Friday 30 August to 5am Monday 2 September, for the demolition of the farm bridge, this will be in both directions from the A128 Orsett Cock Roundabout to the A1014 Manorway/Stanford le Hope.
- Foodbank: Items needed by the Foodbank are: pasta sauce, instant mashed potato, cooking sauce, Cup a Soup, biscuits, tea bags (40’s) tinned rice pudding.
- Corringham Children’s Society Boxes: If you have a collection box please return it to St. Mary’s or St. John’s churches for emptying.
- Choir Practice: Tuesday 27thAugust, 7.30pm at St John’s.
- Corringham Christmas Bazaar: There will be a meeting on Wednesday 28thAugust at 7.30pm at St. John’s to plan for the bazaar, it is only 16 weeks away. Please come along to give your support, all are welcome.
- Alzheimer Society Talk: Following the service on Thursday 5th September, there will be a presentation about the church being Alzheimer friendly. As many people who wish are invited to remain behind. The talk is about 45 minutes but may take longer with questions etc. This is open across the whole Benefice. The talk will help us all understand a little more about the issues and helps support family and friends through this difficult illness.
- Christian Studies Course: There is still time to join this course. An introductory day will be held on 14th September at Chelmsford. Those who attended the ‘Taster’ have expressed an interest. Details from David Tweddle. (01375 676714)
- Macmillan Coffee Morning: Thursday 26th September, 11am at St Michael’s. Come and join us at the worlds biggest Coffee Morning and support Macmillan. We all know someone who has been helped by this wonderful organisation and with all our support they will be able to help many others in the future. Look forward to seeing you on the 26th.
- 60s/80s Disco: Saturday 28th September in Gardner Hall, 6.30pm for 7pm start. Pasta meal included, but bring own drinks, glasses and nibbles. Tickets £10 each, available from Margaret or June at St Michael’s or Elaine at St Mary’s.
- Alpha Course Exploring the Journey: We are planning to hold our next Alpha course, using a similar format to last time, on 5 consecutive Sunday afternoons starting on 29th September. The discussion, watching a DVD and sharing a cup of tea and a piece of cake will be at St John’s from 3pm – 4.30 pm. Please share the information with your friends and speak to Fr John or Revd Wendy if you would like further details.
- Fundraising Event: Grover Walk Market Place Corringham Town Centre Saturday 5th October 9.30am – 10.30am & 11.30am – 12.30pm. I need a pop up Gazebo with sides, does anyone have one I can borrow? Fr D (yes, this is a change of date for a variety of reasons)