This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 13th October 2019
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
Dear All, please do not enter St Mary’s whilst construction work is taking place. If you do need entry please inform the work force on site, as they are responsible for your safety.
- We Wish Jean and Peter well for their wedding at St Mary’s, 2pm Sunday 20th! All welcome to share in the service.
- Scott in the Stocks: A huge Thank You to Scott and all at Sunny Fruit’s for their support, £406.79 raised -THANK YOU.
- Happy Birthday: We wish Margaret’s mum, Eva, a happy 90th Birthday for Tuesday.
- CO Training: We have been informed that anyone who is assisting the parish in any capacity must undertake the C0 training even if they have a higher Safeguarding Training from a different organisation. This does mean that anyone willing to assist at the Christmas Fayre will need to complete both the Children’s Safeguarding and Vulnerable Adult training and need to send their certificate of completion to Carole Howes, our Parish Safeguarding officer. I realise many people find this frustrating and I am sorry about that but it is necessary to ensure we all have at least a basic knowledge to take responsibility for each other and keep each other safe.
- Corringham Draw Tickets: Tickets are now being distributed, more books of tickets are available at St. Mary’s and St. John’s. Please return all counterfoils and money before 7th December to Peter Craggs. Many thanks.
- Choir Practice: No choir practice this week
- Chalice Training: There will be a reflection and training for those who administer the chalice on Wednesday 16th or Saturday 19th of October. Both sessions will take place following the 9:30 Mass on that day. Please see Fr. John for more details.
- Saturday 19th October: A task force of cleaners is required to prepare the St Mary’s for the Sunday service and the Wedding!
- Coffee Morning: Thursday 24th October from 10.45am at St Michael’s in aid of the Christian Blind Mission. Any donations of cakes, especially homemade, will be gratefully received. All are welcome.
- Walsingham-in-Leigh Day: Saturday 26th October at St Clements Leigh on Sea. Starts at 10am. See poster at back of church. If interested please let Carol Webb know so that a minibus can be organised.
- Christmas Shopping Trip: “Yes, it’s that time of year again!! For many years now we have had this trip for a bit of shopping followed by a meal at Tommassi’s. If you would like to join us on Friday 15th November please see Carol Webb, ASAP, so a table can be booked. We will be leaving from Basildon Station at 9.30am.”
- Mothers’ Union Christmas Lunch: Friday 29th November at 12.30 for 1pm at the Springhouse, £27.50 for a three course lunch. A £10 deposit will secure your place. This is open to everyone, for further details and a copy of the menu please ask Pam, Jenny or Len. Thank you. Pam
- Fobbing Christmas Bazaar: Saturday 30th November, 11am – 3pm in Gardner Hall.