This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 11th November 2018
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
- Pat Bridger R.I.P: Pat’s funeral is on Monday 19thNovember at 10.30am in St Mary’s.
- Evensong: Today, 4pm at St Michael’s.
- Panto Payments Please: If you have reserved tickets for our visit to the pantomime “Snow White” at The Towngate Theatre, Basildon on Friday 7 December will you please contact Barrie White at St Mary’s as soon as possible for details of the amount of payment now due. For anyone that did not reserve tickets but would still like to come there are a few seats available at £20 each so contact Barrie without delay. Thank You.
- Allergen Labels: Allergen Labels are available to all who are making cakes to sell at the Christmas Bazaars.
- Choir Practice: Tuesday 13thOctober, 7.30pm at St John’s.
- Corringham Christmas Bazaar: Tickets are now available for sale for Corringham’s Christmas Draw, which will take place at the Bazaar on Saturday 17th November. There are some great prizes to be won so please take as many books as you can and sell them to your family and friends – they provide a vital source of income to boost Church funds. Donations of items are still sought for the Prize Draw, the Christmas Hamper, Bottle Stall, Book Stall and Bric-a-Brac. Please speak to Barrie White at St Mary’s for more information. Your generosity and support is greatly appreciated. Thank You”
- CDot Concert: Saturday 17thNovember, 7.30pm at St John’s. An evening of easy-listening music. Tickets £8 (includes cheese and wine).
- Mothers’ Union: Mothers’ Union is having a Christmas Lunch on the 23rd November at 12.30pm for 1pm at the Springhouse Club. The cost will be £27.50 and a deposit of £10.00 is required. If you are interested in coming to our Christmas lunch, please let me know ASAP. Pam Hibbert
- Blokes Club: Any Blokes from the Blokes Club who wish, can come to the Mothers’ Union dinner. Please let Pam know.
- Fobbing Christmas Bazaar: Saturday 24thNovember in Gardner Hall. Many stalls and a hot meal served at lunch time. All very welcome.
- Jigsaw Day Revisited!: After the success of our 1st Jigsaw Day in October here’s another chance to meet up with friends over a jigsaw puzzle. Drop in at any point and stay as long as you like. Sunday 25thNovember, 11am – 3pm at Gardner Hall. Tea & Coffee plus cake and bacon rolls available. Plenty of jigsaw puzzles to choose from or bring your own. Everyone welcome.
- Save the Day – Advent Quiet Day St Saviours Hackney: 11am- 3.30pm on Thursday 13th December (we leave by train at 9.30am) please let Rev Wendy know if you are interested.
- New Year Dinner: Langdon Hills Golf Club, Saturday 5thJanuary 2019, tickets £27.50 from Jean Dodd and Peter Craggs.