This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 20th May 2018
The Feast of Pentecost
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
1) Pentecost Evensong: Today, 6pm at St Michael’s
2) Sunday 27th May: We will be welcoming our visitors from Germany, who will be joining us for the service at St Michael’s followed by breakfast. If you’re able to speak German please come and join us to make our guests welcome.
3) Sunday 3rd June: Due to the new organ being installed in St Mary’s, the 10.45am service will now be at St John’s. The following Sunday (10th June) will be at St John’s as normal.
4) Wednesday Lunch Club: The lunch club has been running for over 20 years on a weekly basis and more recently monthly. After 20 years faithful service Lesley has decided to lay down her soup ladle. A huge thank you to her and the team of helpers through the years. If anyone is able to take up the ladle and continue to run the lunch club, then please speak to Lesley. Otherwise the last Wednesday lunch club with be in July.
5) Repairs to St Mary’s Roof: The Faculty Public Notice is displayed on the outside notice board and the notice board in the porch at St Mary’s for any objections to the proposed works. If you require any further information speak to Peter Craggs.
6) Cubs: A local cub pack are visiting on 6th June at 6pm, does anyone have 90 minutes to spend and help welcome them into St Mary’s.
7) Wanted: Do you have an old petrol lawn mower that you no longer need? If so please speak to Frank at St Michael’s.
8) Choir Practice: Tuesday 22nd May, 7.30pm at St John’s.
9) Mothers’ Union: Our branch is holding a Cream Tea on Saturday 16th June at 3 pm. This will be held in St. John’s Church Hall. We are not charging for this event, but any donations will be gratefully received. This is open to everyone and if you would like to come, please let either myself, Jenny or Len know before the 3rd June. This is so we have a rough idea of how many to cater for. Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible. Pam
10) Quiz Night: Thursday 21st June at the Springhouse Club.
11) Murder Mystery and BBQ: Saturday 23rd June, 7pm at St John’s. Tickets £8 from Victoria or Bev.
12) Church Outing to Broadstairs: Tuesday 21st August. To leave from car park next to the ambulance station, in Gifford Cross Road. Time to follow at later date. £18-00 Adults and £15-00 children. Tip is included in price. See Margaret for seats or anyone from St Mary’s can give names/money to Elaine.