This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 19th September 2021
The Sixteenth Sunday after Trinity
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
Following an email from the Diocese, can I share the current advice, which is, that we continue to recommend the wearing of face masks in crowded places. We do have a Green and Red card system if you wish to remain socially distanced, ask on arrival for a red card and we will try and ensure there is greater social distancing where you sit. Also, the midweek Wednesday and Thursday services allow for much greater social distancing, so please do use this opportunity. We continue to recommend mask wearing during moving about the building and during singing. Fr D
- Reopening for Public Worship: If attending St Mary’s and you wish to social distance please contact Peter on 01375 643749. No other bookings necessary.
- Christine Bear R.I.P: Christine’s funeral is at 12.30pm on 21st September at Basildon Crematorium. All are welcome.
- Congratulations: To Pat and Peter on their Golden Wedding Anniversary which fell on the 16th – Pat and Peter, we send you our congratulations on such a milestone.
- Thank You: A big thank you to everyone from both parishes that sent me cards, flowers and fruit, and for the many phone calls and messages I received after my hip replacement. I class myself as very lucky. God bless to all. Margaret x
- The Children’s Society: Boxes held by those in the Parish of Corringham need to be returned to me for emptying. Many thanks, Peter Craggs.
- Call in for Coffee: I hope to re-open Call in for Coffee on Saturday 6th November from 10 am until Noon. However, before lockdown I was quite a bit fitter, unfortunately, I am not now, with various mobility problems. This means that I will no longer be able to help in the same capacity as before. Therefore, so that we can carry on with Call in for Coffee, I would like to ask whether there is anyone who could spare a couple of hours, one Saturday a month starting on Saturday 6 November from 10am. Please see either myself or John to either volunteer or ask for further information. Without additional help we would have to close down Call in for Coffee. Pam and John Hibbert – 01375 859215
- Choir Practice: Friday 24th September, 7.30pm at St Michael’s.
- Harvest Supper: Saturday 2nd October, 6pm – 9pm at St John’s church hall. A variety of cuisine, English, Indian and Romanian, to delight your taste buds. Please bring your own refreshments. Donations to support the Building Better Futures – Sewing Project in India.
- Sunday 3rd October: At both the 9.15am and 10.45am Harvest services there will be a retiring collection to support the work of the Building Better Futures International – Sewing Project in India.
- Corringham Autumn Fayre: Saturday 23rd October. 10 am -13.00 at St John’s. Please could we ask people to donate unopened bottles, chocolates or things for the raffle. The raffle will be drawn on 5th December, at the end of the Advent Carol Service.
- Streamed Services: The details for joining the streamed services on Zoom are: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/8698905779?pwd=c0E3dVV6SnRvT1BoYj JDa0t5Qk9LZz09 Meeting ID: 869 890 5779 Password: Godislove