This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 22nd July 2018
The Feast of Mary Magdalene
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
1) Thank You: We would like to say a BIG Thank You for all the cards and good wishes we received as we celebrated our 25th Wedding Anniversary. They were much appreciated. Wendy and David
2) Bp John Perumbalath: All are welcome to Chelmsford Cathedral today (22nd July) at 3.30pm to welcome Bp John. All are welcome to a Deanery welcome on Monday 17th Sept at Ss Peter & Paul Grays 7.30pm
3) Choir Practice: Tuesday 24th July, 7.30pm at St Michael’s.
4) Fobbing Family Day: Saturday 28th July, 11am to 3pm. The church will be open for a flower display and also tea and cakes. There will be food and stalls in Gardner Hall and on the vineyards. All are very welcome. Come early, stay late.
5) Items for Tombola: Can anyone help with items for the tombola at the Fobbing Family Day? Tins, bottles or jars, anything edible or drinkable. All donations will be greatly received.
6) Car Treasure Hunt: Sunday 29th July. Will leave St Michael’s Church after the joint service (about 11.30am) – cost will be £20 per car. At the end there will be burgers and sausages to buy whilst we wait for everyone to arrive. Please let Victoria (07402 70991) or Bev (07712 401592) know.
7) Flower Festival: St. Margaret’s Church, SLH are holding a Flower Festival on the 11th August and have invited us to take part. The theme this year is ‘MUSIC’. If anyone would like to take part please let me know.. Your display could be done in ‘paper’. Pam
8) Curry Evening: Friday 24th August in Fr David’s garden, 7-10pm. Bring your own drinks. Why not bring a bottle to share – maybe one you bought on holiday (seemed like a good idea at the time). Donations on the evening. Please sign the sheet at the back of the church if you wish to come, as we will need numbers.
9) Gala Evening: Saturday 22nd September at Springhouse Club. A carvery followed by live singers – first half an ABBA Tribute, second half a mixture of popular songs. £30 per ticket. Tables are for 10 people – please let Bev or Victoria know, when you book the tickets, if you have preference where you would like to sit.