This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 24th January 2021
The Third Sunday of Epiphany
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
- Mandy and Neil Waite: 40 years ago today (24th), Mandy and Neil were married here in St Mary’s. Some of their family and friends are joining us online today. At the end of the service Mandy and Neil will renew their Marriage vows made here 40 years previously. What a privilege that we are still able join with them to celebrate this wonderful occasion. Many congratulations, Mandy and Neil from all at St Mary’s.
- Gordon Lucas R.I.P: It is with great sadness that I share the news that Gordon Lucas, the former Fobbing Tower Captain, has died. We assure his family of our prayers. May he Rest in Peace and Rise in Glory.
- Thank You: Thank you to everyone for your cards, your kindness and your prayers for me, my sister Karen and all our family on the loss of our dad, Geoff, who I know will also be missed by you. Many thanks Revd Wendy
- Thank You: Thank you for all your cards, gifts, messages and phone calls. I had a truly blessed and happy, if different, birthday. David T.
- Candlemas Mass: Transferred to Sunday 31st January 2021 from 2nd February. A warm welcome to Pamela Draycott who many of you have met; trained as a Reader many years ago in the Diocese of Wakefield. Pamela is now retired from full time education and has offered to be licenced as a Reader, to which Bp John has agreed. Today Pamela will preach for us for the first time.
If you can please have a candle available at home for the end of the service – Don’t forget to keep it safe and blow it out!!
- Ash Wednesday 17th February: I do not know if we will be able to meet, but in preparation in case we can ‘ash’ could you return palm crosses to Peter Craggs at 34 Kenwood Road, Corringham. THANK YOU
- Essex County Council Test and Trace Payments: Essex County Council have asked faith leaders to help promote payments that are available to people who need to self isolate. The funds have been given to borough, city and district councils to provide one off £500 support payments to people unable to work and who do not qualify for the Government’s Test and Trace support payments. People in Essex can apply for either the Government or discretionary grant here – https://www.essex.gov.uk/test-and-trace- support-payment