This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 24th March 2019
The Third Sunday of Lent
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
British Summertime begins on Sunday 31stMarch clocks move forward 1 hour
- Don Cox R.I.P: Don’s funeral will be at 2pm on Thursday 11thApril at St John’s.
- Fobbing Easter Flowers: If anybody would like to make a donation towards the Easter flowers for St Michael’s please see Margaret.
- Foodbank: Items that the Foodbank need are – long life whole milk and semi skimmed milk, sponge puddings, tinned potatoes, mashed potatoes, long life fruit juice, tea bags (40’s), cooking sauces, crisps, crackers and twiglets.
- SSJE Lent Course 2019 – Stop, Pray, Work, Play & Love: I know many people enjoy following the Brothers online, for this years Lent Course go to ssje.org/time/You need to subscribe as soon as you can.
- Lent and Easter Services: Fordetails of all the services and events please pick up a copy of the Lent and Easter leaflet.
- Monday 25th March: Mass at 7.30pm at St Mary’s -The Annunciation of Our Lord to the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Choir Practice: Tuesday 26th March, 7.30pm at St Mary’s.
- Lent Group: Wednesday 27th March, starting at 6.30pm with soup and roll and beginning the focus at 7pm. If you are planning to come to St John’s for our time together and would like soup please could you tick the sheet at the back of church so that we can cater sufficiently. Thank you
- Lent Lunch:Friday 29th March, 12.30pm at the Rectory.
- Stations of the Cross:Friday 29th March, 7pm at St Mary’s.
- Quiet Day:Thursday 28th March, from 10.30 to 4pm at St Saviour’s Priory, Hackney. We will be leaving Basildon on the 9.30am train. Please let Revd Wendy know if you will be attending.
- Benefice Vision Day: Saturday 30th March, 10am – 3pm at St John’s. All welcome, please book your place.