This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 17th November 2019
Second Sunday before Advent
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
Dear All, please do not enter St Mary’s whilst construction work is taking place. If you do need entry please inform the work force on site, as they are responsible for your safety.
- Church of England 12 Days of Christmas Wonder: Takes you on a journey of reflection through the 12 days of Christmas. £1 each (I only have 50).
- Parish Christmas Cards: Please do volunteer to help distribute Christmas cards. If you do not live in the parish there are cards available at the back of church.
- Panto Payments Please: If you have reserved tickets for our visit to the pantomime “Dick Whittington” at The Towngate Theatre, Basildon on Friday 6 December will you please contact Barrie White at St Mary’s as soon as possible for details of the amount of payment now due. Tickets are costing £21, each which takes into account the discount given for a Group Booking. Thank You”.
- Corringham Draw Tickets: Tickets are now being distributed, more books of tickets are available at St. Mary’s and St. John’s. Please return all counterfoils and money before 7th December to Peter Craggs. Many thanks.
- Choir Practice: Tuesday 19th November, 7.30pm at St John’s.
- Mothers’ Union: We do not have a MU meeting in December. However, our Christmas Lunch is nearly upon us and this year, different to last year, the Springhouse has asked us to pay the full amount outstanding. Last year we paid on the day. The full amount is £27.50 per person and I know that some of you have paid the full amount already, those who have only paid the deposit, could I please have the balance of £17.50 by either next week or pay to Len or Judi but no later than Sunday 24th November since they will be paying this to the Springhouse. We will be having a raffle so if anyone would like to donate a raffle prize, then please bring on the day.
Annual Subscription for 2020 will be £25 and is due on the 1st January. We would like to have most of the money in by the end of January, however, if anyone is finding it difficult to pay the subscription, please see me, in confidence. All subscriptions are to be paid to John Hibbert, our new Treasurer. Thank you.
- Fobbing Christmas Bazaar: Saturday 30th November, 11am – 3pm in Gardner Hall.
- Open for Coffee: There will be no Open for Coffee in December, this is the day of the Church Bazaar. We will be starting again on the 4th January 2020. Please see one of the Open for Coffee team if you would like to come along to help or make cakes for the day. Pam
- Corringham Christmas Fayre: Saturday 7th December, 10am – 1pm at St John’s. Items that are needed are bottles for the bottle stall, items for the raffle hamper, raffle prizes, bric-a-brac and cakes.
- Mosaic Christmas Concert: Saturday 7th December, 7pm at St John’s. An evening of popular music and song from the musicals and films plus seasonal favourites. Tickets £8 (including wine, cheese and other seasonal refreshments) available from Victoria, Bev or Peter.