This is where you can keep up to date with groups, events and service times across the Benefice. Services times are as regular as possible but can be subject to change so it’s worth checking in to see what’s on and when. Notices for extra services around Christmas and Easter may also be posted here.
If you are unsure about whether something is on or not then contact one of the team or the contact given in the notice.
Notices for Sunday 16th June 2019
For any changes to the weekly services please see the website calendar.
- Parish Pilgrimage to Westminster Abbey: 10th July, Please pay Margaret £20 ASAP for the coach if you have not already done so. Details of departure time will be given nearer the date.
- Revd Wendy and Fr John: If you would like to contribute to a gift to mark Wendy & John’s ordinations to the Priesthood please put in an envelope and give to Elaine – THANK YOU must be returned by Sunday 23rd June.
- Ordination 29th June 10am St. Peter & St. Paul, Grays. If you would like to attend the service, please ask Fr. John or Revd. Wendy for a ticket.
- Pot Luck Lunch: Sunday 30th If you would like to attend this celebratory lunch, please sign the list at the back of the church. Thank you.
- Choir Practice: No choir practice this week.
- Quiz Night: Thursday 20th June at the Springhouse, 7.30pm for 8pm start. In aid of St Mary’s roof appeal.
- Gardner Hall: Saturday 22nd June, 10am – 2pm. If anyone has an hour to spare and would like to help with some gardening, TLC on the flower beds and rockery on the vineyards then please come along – bring your own tools and we will provide tea/coffee and croissants. For many years Sonja has lovingly tended this ground but for health reasons is no longer able to do so.
- Afternoon Tea: Saturday 6th July 3pm – 5pm at St John’s. Tickets £8. Prize for the best dressed Disney character.
- 110th Birthday Party: 14th July after the morning service at St John’s (10.30am Please note the change of time). Fr John and Revd Wendy invite you all to their birthday celebration. If you would like to join us please sign the list at the back of church. Thank you.
- Fobbing Family Day: Saturday 27th July, 11am – 3pm. Stalls, refreshments and hot meal in Gardner Hall. Boot sale on the Vineyards and refreshments in St Michael’s church from 11am to 3pm. All welcome.
- We offer congratulations to Dr Ian Frood PhD, having received an OBE in the Queen’s Birthday Honours list.